MARKETING & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIP
New York City is a vibrant place in which to start a business focused on feminism, technology, and apparel/product design. Unreasonable Women is looking for a current MBA student to help us tell our story in an impactful way and deliver a marketing plan for the coming year. We are looking for this intern to work out of our Brooklyn accelerator one to two days a week and do five hours of offsite research/work each week. This intern will be paid in course credits.
This intern will work alongside the founder of Unreasonable Women to research resources like business plan competitions and accelerator/incubator/city programs that can serve as funding sources for the company. The intern will also create a marketing calendar for the year that ties to milestones within the X Swimwear venture. Lastly, the intern will conduct market research into consulting practices in diversity, female-focused product development, and mass customization of apparel.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- A self-starter who takes a positive and proactive approach to problems and uses tenacity and creativity to get the answers needed to move the project forward.
- An excellent verbal and written communicator.
- A producer obsessed with design and optimizing processes for efficiency and great experiences.
- A student interested in growing their understanding of resources available to NYC entrepreneurs prior to starting their own company after graduation.
- A person passionate about women’s empowerment and/or mission-driven companies
- Bonus points for: applicants with prior experience in consulting, marketing, and social media strategy.
While our mission is related to women’s empowerment, men are strongly encouraged to apply!
Interested candidates should please send a cover letter and resume to hello [at] unreasonablewomen [dot] com with the words “Marketing/Biz Dev Internship” in the subject line. Good luck in your internship search!